Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

❈ Skin79 Hot Pink Super+ BB Cream Review ❈

Hello everyone! Thank you to those who voted in my poll, it was very informative for me. If you haven't voted, please do! It helps me keep this blog going when I have nothing interesting to post about lol. As per popular request, I'm uploading 3 product review posts right now. Specifically, they're going to be BB cream reviews.

First off, just some housekeeping I have to get out of the way (because I don't want to deal with any issues that might occur if I don't state this right at the get-go):
▲ All opinions/thoughts stated are my own and 100% completely honest.
▲ Unless otherwise specified, all products were purchased with my own money.
▲ If a product works/doesn't work for me, it doesn't mean it will/won't work for you. Again this is simply a review based on my own personal experience.
▲ I don't own one of those fancy high definition cameras, so please don't hate on the quality of my pictures. If it bothers you that much, you can volunteer to buy me a new camera. I'd love you forever 

Okay! Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, on to the review!



As the title says, I'm going to review is my Skin 79 Hot Pink Super+ BB Cream. On the back of the bottle it says:
Whitening / Wrinkles improvement
Ultraviolet rays interception SPF25 PA++
KFDA 3 functions certification

Here's my swatch (don't hate on my hairy arm k?) :

This was my very first BB cream ever. I got it when I went on my trip to Hong Kong. It was sold for quite cheap there so I picked up 3 bottles at around $9.80 each, which is a steal because they run about $20+ here in Vancouver from what I've seen (´Д`) 

Color/Pigmentation: ♥♥♥♥♡
The color for this BB cream is great. For those of you who don't know, most BB creams oxidize to "match" your skin color. The trick is that these creams tend to have a colored undertone. This cream for example, has a grayish undertone. Some BB creams come in pink, yellow or even olive undertones. It's just a matter of finding one that works for you. The reason I gave this cream only 4/5 was because of the grayish tint that can sometimes make me look washed out. Other than that I have no real complaints.

Coverage: 
I would say the coverage this BB cream offers is around medium. It's not quite as heavy as a full coverage foundation, but it definitely offers more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. On a good day I can probably just slap this on with some powder to set it and I'm good to go.

Texture: ♥♥♥♥
I love the way this BB cream feels. It goes on super smooth and blends really well with my skin. This leaves my skin feeling well hydrated and very dewy. It's a good idea to set this with a powder, otherwise it won't stay put.

Overall:♥♥♥♥♡
This is still my go-to BB cream. I don't use foundation anymore since I discovered BB creams because my skin is fairly clear, I don't really have a need for heavy foundations. I feel like my skin can actually breathe with this on and it actually looks and feels like skin (not cakey at all). My skin can be on the sensitive side but I can say with full confidence that this did not break me out in any way. I don't notice the wrinkle improvement much for obvious reasons. As for the whitening I think it definitely works. I'm a much lighter shade now than I was before I started using this on a daily basis and I can see some of the dark spots on my face lightening as well. The SPF is always nice. Also I noticed that when I use BB cream vs days I don't or days I use foundation, I have much clearer skin after cleansing \(・∀・*) !!


That wraps up this review! I hope you found it helpful. Stay tuned for the other 2 reviews coming later tonight >‿‿◕
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake